City of Miner

Convention Center Questions & Answers

1. How do I go about renting space at the Miner Convention Center?
Answer: Contact Jody Smith at the Miner City Convention Center by phone (573-471-8520) Monday through Friday 8am-5pm or message us on our website ( or Facebook page (Miner Convention Center). 

2. What is required of me to rent space at the Miner Convention Center?
Answer: You will need to set up a time to review and sign the rental agreement for the Convention Center or call to request a rental agreement to be sent by you through email. Then a deposit is required to reserve your date.

3. What type of events are held at the Convention Center?
Answer: We accommodate all kinds of group events from small board meetings for 10 people or less to weddings/receptions, birthday celebrations, reunions, training meetings, conferences, concerts, etc.

4. How many people can the rooms hold?
Answer: This depends on the lay-out, we can hold small groups of 50-100 to large groups of 300-500. Call us for more details.

5. Is outside catering allowed?
Answer: Yes, although we can't recommend anyone in particular, we can provide an ever-changing list of local caterers that handle an array of events. Caterers are required to obtain a "Special Event" business license from our city collector.

6. Is liquor allowed at the Miner Convention Center?
Answer: Yes, but if liquor is to be used you must contact the city collector at least 45 days prior to the event to purchase a "special liquor license" at the cost of $30.00 per day and liquor sales must stop at midnight.  City collector can be reached at 573-471-8520. Events serving alcohol and charging admission will be charged a Security/Damage Deposit of $500.00 and will be refunded if the center is returned to its original state with no carpet stains or tears or other damage to the facility. Liability insurance with policy limits at least $1,000,000.00 is required for events charging admission for-profit and allowing alcohol consumption.

7. What is provided with the rental of the facility?
Answer: Tables, chairs, ice, and large coffee pots. Sound/Audio and projectors are an additional charge. All other items must be furnished by the renter. We provide vacuums and cleaning supplies to clean the rental space so that you may obtain your cleaning fee refund. We do not provide table linens or kitchen supplies.

8. What size are the tables that you provide?
Answer: Round tables 60" and Rectangle tables 6' long.

9. Am I allowed to decorate?
Answer: Decorations must be free-standing and shall not be taped, stapled, tacked, or in any way attached to the walls, floors, ceilings, or furniture. Floating candles are permitted only for centerpieces. Candelabra are allowed for weddings but must be drip-free candles. NO GLITTER, CONFETTI, OR FIREWORKS ALLOWED. 
Decorating must be done during the times you rented the space.

10. What if I need to cancel my event?
Answer: Deposits for Special Events and Meetings will be refunded if canceled forty-five days prior to the date of the event. Weddings must be cancelled within 60 days prior to the event.